How To Write Good SIWES Report – I.T. Report Format

This is the proper guide on how to write good SIWES report, from a first class student of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, after his six months students industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) programm which he got praises both from ITF, he decided to share the format adopted during the wonderful industrial training report.

As we all know that students industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) is a programm for a period of 3 months to one(1) year undergone by students in science based courses which carries about 3-6 units in their second semester credit load.
This sample on how to write good SIWES report, is going to guide you properly on your report. Just follow the procedures carefully.
After the 3 – 6 months of industrial training (I.T), every student is required to write a technical report of his or her industrial training I.T experience, which you are expected to write about all the activities carried in the work place regardless of how common the activity is to you. Because this is one of the major problem of some students, they disregard some activities during their report

First See Allocation Of Marks for The I.T

After the six months I.T, Industrial Training Fund (I.T.F), allocated the following marks to the reports.
Log book Record/ Presentation: 25 marks
Technical Report: 25 marks
Attitudinal Observation: 10 marks
Employers Report: 25 marks
Oral interview by department (I.T defence): 15 marks.

Now Steps On How to Write Good SIWES Report

The following are the formats which i used to write my industrial training report to get my full marks and all the praises which i got both from my I.T supervisor and ITF board, but my major secret was the courage which i summed during the I.T. defense
COVER PAGE : We are starting with the cover page which should contain the students name, department, matriculation Number, the course code eg (AGR 402), period of attachment (dates should be quoted), your employers name Or your I.T co-ordinator and location of the place were the student did the I.T.
TABLE OF CONTENTS: This should contain the a fore mentioned and four chapters.
APPRECIATION PAGE OR DEDICATION PAGE: For example I thank God Almighty for His protection and guardian in my life and having carried me this far. I also appreciate my parents Mr./Mrs Joseph Nwite for their direction, protection and support.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT PAGE: Here you have to acknowledge the person who you think without, you couldn’t have done the I.T. Example, I acknowledge my I.T HOD Mr Nwabuzor Chukwuemeka, the permanent secretary Mr Fidelis Nwankwo and the commissioner Chief Nome Ogodoali. I also acknowledge my I.T Co-ordinator, Dr Chima Njoku.
CHAPTER 1 : The Chapter 1 of you I.T report should contain the introduction, brief history of the firm or ministry where you carried out your training and its organizational chart.
CHAPTER 2 : This should contain all your activities during your training period, and should be done lucidly.
CHAPTER 3 : All the Problems which you encountered during the training period should be well stated here.
CHAPTER 4 : Your chapter 4 is the conclusion and general appraisal of the programme. Diagrams, graphs and sketches should be used where necessary.
NOTE: It is advisable to use font size 14, New times roman and 2.0 line spacing. And most contain an organizational chart, as stated earlier.
How To Write Good SIWES Report – I.T. Report Format How To Write Good SIWES Report – I.T. Report Format Reviewed by Efukikata Efet on 14:34 Rating: 5

No comments